Double or Triple Chocolate Cookies

I have yet to find store-bought biscuits that I’d like. I’ve got two kids and believe me I’ve tried a few. Home-made ones are SO much better and if you try this simple recipe, I’m sure you’ll agree: as far as biscuits go, there is nothing like homemade chocolate chip cookies

Tried & Tasted Recipe
  • 80g butter, softened
  • 145g brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • ½ tsp vanilla extract
  • 100g dark chocolate
  • 2 tbsp milk
  • 100g dark chocolate chips ( or 50g dark and 50g white)
  • 100g flour
  • 25g cocoa powder
  • 1 level tsp baking powder
  • 1 level tsp baking soda
Preheat oven to 160°C/320°F.
In a bowl, whisk butter and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and vanilla.
Melt the chocolate and milk in the microwave or over a pan of simmering water.
Let cool slightly and add to the egg mix.
Sift flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder into the bowl; add the chocolate chips and fold into the egg mix.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Using a large spoon or ice-cream scoop, drop balls of dough onto the tray, giving them enough room to spread.
Bake for about 10 minutes. Take out of the oven, leave on the tray for another five minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

These cookies will keep for a few days… or a few minutes…

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you gave this recipe a try, I would love to hear about it. Also, don't hesitate to ask questions or just let me know what you think about this blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails