Fried Rice

What I find the most amazing about cooking  is that the minute I turn the cooker on or pick a wooden spoon or a whisk I’m actually entering a time-and-place traveling machine. 
Cooking is a journey, it can take me to a time past or a place I visited or dreamed of.
Fried rice. Now, that’s such an easy dish to prepare. Got leftover rice and vegetables in your crisper or freezer, give it a try and you won't be sorry.
Close your eyes and imagine you’re sitting in a Chinese restaurant. 
I can already hear some restaurant waiters shouting “Upstair , upstair!!” Some of you Londoners will know what I’m talking about ;-) … 
Top it with chili oil and you’re so there.
Tried & Tasted Recipe
  • 4 tbsp oil
  • 1tsp curry powder
  • ½ tsp red curry paste
  • 500g cold cooked rice
  • 2 green onions or 1 small onion, chopped
  • Half a pepper, sliced
  • One big carrot, diced
  • 100 g smoked ham or bacon
  • 100g small prawns
  • 2 eggs
  • Soy sauce or fish sauce to taste
Heat a wok or frying pan and add 2 tablespoons oil. Fry the vegetables until cooked and golden. Add the ham/bacon and the prawns. Stir in the spices.
Add the cooked rice and warm through.
Move to one side of the pan. Add 2 tbsp oil and scramble the eggs. Then, Mix everything together.  
Add some soy sauce or fish sauce to taste and sprinkle with chopped coriander or spring onions - whatever takes your fancy.
Serve and enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you gave this recipe a try, I would love to hear about it. Also, don't hesitate to ask questions or just let me know what you think about this blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails