Biscotti

I just came back from a week holiday in Tuscany and the place absolutely lived up to my expectations and beyond : magnificent scenery, amazing architecture, mesmerizing art and culture and food to die for. 
I was on such a cloud, I completely forgot to bring back a little something for my work colleagues, so just before going into work I thought I’d quickly bake some biscotti. 
Biscotti (meaning twice-baked) are oblong-shaped biscuits traditionnaly served as an after-dinner dessert with a Tuscan fortified wine called vino santo. 
Nowadays they are served in most cafés and the best way to eat them is after dunking them in a nice strong cup of expresso, cappuccino or (for bambinis) hot chocolate.
 
Tried & Tasted Recipe
  • 300g  plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 150g brown sugar
  • 3 medium eggs beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
Preheat the oven to 160-180°C.
Mix together the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl.
Add the eggs and vanilla.
Mix with a wooden spoon, then knead the mixture gently and and roll into one or two logs (depending how large your like your biscotti).
Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
Cool slightly and cut into 1to 2 cm slices.
Place back on the the tray and into the oven and bake for another 8 to 10 minutes
until golden-brown. Turn over to the other side and continue to bake for another 8 to10 minutes. Cool slightly and dust with plenty of icing sugar.
Eat dunked into a nice cup of expresso or cappuccino or
(for bambinis) hot chocolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you gave this recipe a try, I would love to hear about it. Also, don't hesitate to ask questions or just let me know what you think about this blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails